Jive Video Connector
What is the Kaltura Video Connector for Jive?
Kaltura’s Video Connector for Jive enhances Jive’s robust social business software offering with the most advanced enterprise video capabilities available on the market, empowering users to easily search, watch, create, edit, publish, and share videos, directly from within Jive. Kaltura’s video connector transforms Jive blogs, groups, projects, discussions, and documents into more interactive and response-provoking, resulting in dramatically increased employee productivity, customer engagement, and adoption of Jive software. At the same time, the Kaltura connector provides peace of mind to IT with maximum security, reliability, scalability, and the ability to deploy and manage video on the cloud (SaaS), on premises (On-Prem), or a hybrid variation.
Kaltura's video connector for Jive supports all the possible deployment options of Jive in your organization. It can be a connector for Jive custom (hosted or on-premise) versions 8 and 9 and a video app for Jive custom and Jive cloud.
What are some typical use cases of Kaltura Video Connector for Jive?
Today’s leading companies integrate advanced video capabilities into existing social platforms like Jive in order to provide the optimal environment for social collaboration in the workplace and significantly boost engagement and knowledge sharing across the organization. Kaltura’s video connector empowers your employees to use video as easily as they use other content types within Jive, and truly leverage the power of video in enhancing their day-to-day activities:
- Collaboration and ideation: Employees showcase their work and ideas via a screen recording (with or without webcam) and collect team’s feedback for faster decision making
- Sales enablement: Sales reps collaborate on customer opportunities, share best practices, and customer testimonials, using live and on-demand video, and access product videos online during customer presentations
- Team collaboration: Publish searchable video recordings of the latest team meetings for team members to watch and comment on
- Corporate communications: Executives and managers make announcements and convey engaging messages to large global audiences using live and on-demand video
- Training: Use video to train and onboard more employees and partners, faster, more cost effectively and with better results. Instructors can use Jive blogs, forums, and activities to create interactive video-centric course on the portal
- Knowledge sharing: Employees can record knowledge videos, How-To tutorials, and success stories, via webcam or screen capture, to include in their blogs and wikis
- Social networking: Employees can record a short video to publish on their user profile – a more authentic way to present themselves to the community than via photo and text
- Promote company initiatives: promote company-wide initiatives and programs using “internal marketing” video campaigns, and simplify complex employee benefits booklets with the power of video
- Help Desk and Support: use screen capture to report and resolve software issues and manage a knowledge-base of videos that can be reused for troubleshooting purposes
Key Features and Benefits of Kaltura Video Connector for Jive
- Robust video creation tools (for EGC): video upload, webcam capture, screen recording, synchronized video and slides presentation, and mobile device capture for creation and authoring of video by any user directly within Jive
- Video editing: make videos more engaging and concise by editing them before publishing
- Video everywhere: Media can be reused and embedded with single-click within Jive forums, wikis, activities, profiles, etc.
- Central My Media repository: upload once - publish anywhere (Jive, LMS, CorporateTube, etc.)
- Group/Project media galleries: searchable libraries of videos, with granular access control, moderation workflows, and roles (viewer, contributor, manager, moderator)
- In Video Search: find what you are looking for and point to the exact location within the video
- Moderation workflows and access control: approve reject content before it’s published, and control who can view content and where
- Supports both live broadcast and on-demand recorded video
- Customizable and brandable video player: both looks and functionality (e.g. attach documents to specific segent on the player’s timeline)
- Optimal viewing experience anywhere anytime: automatic transcoding of uploaded videos, adaptive streaming, and support for both internal and external CDNs
- Superb playback quality: with scalable and reliable delivery that will not affect network /application performance
- Enterprise grade video technology: end-to-end security, reliability, scalability and flexibility
- Solution available for deployment on-premises (On-Prem), on the cloud (SaaS), or a hybrid model
- Analytics and insights: who watched, which videos, how long, from which page, etc.
* Supports Jive versions 6 and 7