Kaltura MediaSpace™ Video Portal
What is the MediaSpace Video Portal?
Build your own private YouTube™ with Kaltura MediaSpace™ Video Portal, the market-leading rich media portal for every use-case.
With the MediaSpace Video Portal, users can securely create, upload, share, search, browse, and watch live and on demand videos, presentations, webcasts, and other rich media content, anytime, anywhere. MediaSpace provides a superb cross-device user experience, unmatched user engagement capabilities, and powerful control and governance tools.
MediaSpace encourages community, collaboration, learning, and social activities through the power of online video. In the past, single administrators or small teams within the organization would publish to a large audience. MediaSpace revolutionizes this process by enabling democratization of media creation and sharing with many contributors, moderators, and viewers in a multitude of channels.
What can MediaSpace Video Portal be used for?
Easily publish high-quality video content with minimal setup, or empower communities to upload and manage media independently.
Enterprises: Some powerful ways to use a CorporateTube internal video portal include:
- Corporate communication
- Employee training and onboarding
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Executive messaging and Town Hall meetings
- Public-facing catalog of product and company videos
- Editorial workflow hub for marketing content reviewing and publishing
- Portal for external-facing content for investors, vendors, and partners
Educational Institutions: Ways to use CampusTube to enhance education include:
- Publishing lectures and teaching materials
- Library rich media databases
- Student uploads and campus-life
- Outreach to external communities, athletic fans, prospective students, and alumni
Media and Content Companies: A branded video portal can be used for:
- Ad-supported video catalogs
- PPV experiences
- Movie/show launches
- Video galleries
- Editorial workflow hub for content reviewing and publishing
- Tools to support UGC, such as citizen journalism
- YouTube channel replacement or supplement
Features & Benefits of the MediaSpace Video Portal
- State-of-the-art User Interface and Experience: Modern and inviting experience for video-based pages and workflows, including responsive design, a freshly updated look, and easy-to-use tools so users can browse, search, capture, play, and share videos
- Powerful Content Organization: Centrally curated categories, sub-categories and channels for intuitive content segregation, discovery and/or SEO
- Robust Video Search and Discovery: Searchable within the video title, description and subtitles to skip directly to the location of the search phrase, or navigable by chapter (bookmarks) or synced-slides
- Accessibility and Closed Captions: Complies with WCAG 2.0 (Priority Level AA) standards and ADA/508 and CVAA compliant video players. Add multi-lingual captions to reach hearing-impaired or multi-lingual audiences, and enable in-video caption search
- Branding and Skinning: 14 pre-defined skins or a custom CSS of your own for complete branded look-and-feel for every page in the application, with fully customized players in every video page
- Mobile-supported Video Portal: A matching native mobile app for iOS and Android that allows creating, sharing and viewing content anywhere, anytime, as well as download content for secure offline playback
- Powerful UGC Tools for Content Contribution: Allows end users to contribute content by uploading rich media from their desktop, recording via a webcam, recording their computer screen, creating synced video and slides content, creating video quizzes, launching live sessions, or capturing video on mobile devices
- Built-in Editing Tools: Trim, clip, edit thumbnails, add bookmarks, and more
- Consumer-like Social Tools: The video portal enables users to comment, rate, like, and share videos internally, publish on external social sites (where permitted), or sign up for email notifications or channel subscriptions
- Content Recommendations: Maximizes video consumption by presenting related content, video recommendations, featured videos, most-viewed videos, recent videos, and video playlists
- Advertising & Monetization: Built-in support for ads (in-video, companion, banner) and paywall integration
User Management & Control
- Fine-grain Access Control and Content Segregation: Different privacy settings and user roles for each category, sub-category and channel, with different sets of entitlements for granular delegation of ownership, permissions, and moderation
- Collaboration features: Users can add other users as collaborators on the content they own, to allow co-editing or co-publishing, for better-managed workflows
- Analytics: Engagement reports of the video portal for channel managers on all channel content (who contributed, who viewed, how long, etc.); reports on private content for each viewer and content owner
- Kaltura’s platform and its API provide all the heavy lifting for the portal in a scalable, seamless, and secure manner for a solution that includes everything from adaptive bitrate streaming, CDN and eCDN, and storage
- The MediaSpace video portal application can be deployed in various ways: SaaS, self-hosted, or a hybrid of the two